Monday, July 7, 2008

Tunic Done


I love Tina Givins fabrics! They are that perfect blend of Retro-kitsch that make my inner Groovy Mama want to plan a fondue party!

Here is the Sabrena Tunic. The pattern was easy to follow, but there are a few things that I will change next time I make it.
* The first change I'd make would be to line the bodice instead of facing the neck, and arm holes.
*The second change would be to use a regular zipper, not an invisible one. I am not a big fan of putting in zippers anyway....invisible zips are a pain in the hiney!

Tomorrow I have to work on Cub Scout Pack Night......ugh....I am in charge of the activity...pooh.......Whine whine whine....yadda yadda...I'm not a fan of being Den Mother!!!

11 comments:

Hey It's Di said...

Why don't you just super glue the tunic together and there will be no need for "zipper headache". That would be my solution anyway...you're welcome!

Scrappinfor3 said...

Super cute! I have not ventured into zippers of any kind yet. They scare me. Den mother? You're a goddess.

Ringmaster said...

Oh my gosh!!! That turned out so cute. Why are you not modeling for us?

Busty LaRue said...

That is so cute! What size did you make it in? Tallulahbell size? It would look super cute on her.

As for pack night....I'm sorry. Actually, I'm not because I'm not in scouts anymore! YAY! hahaha. Okay, done gloating. Yes, I really am sorry. I feel your pain. You shouldn't have to go, because you only have 1 scout anyway, and he's your nephew!

Tracy said...

Oh Pretty!

Melanie said...

Where did you buy an invisible zipper? I can't find them in the regular fabric stores. I love them!

Adrienne said...

WOW - that is just beautiful! You are fast girlfriend ... If I could only get that kinda mojo when it comes to cleaning my house maybe the science dept from the local college would stop calling wanting to take samples ...

wondermommy said...

That is a really cute tunic. I love Tina Givens fabric, too.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Super cute. I have that fabric, too!

Neil said...

Tell Melanie she could find the invisible zippers if she had her special 'zipper glasses' on. They are invisible silly!! MUM

Sabii Wabii said...

I always wanted to secretly be a hippy. There is something appealing about the idea of a bohemian skirt, peasant top, heavily embroidered purse and flowers in my hair...a garland I have just picked and strung. I tried to come up with a good name for the day that I WILL become one (when my children have all left home and I can say they drove me to it)...hubbie suggested favorite color, weather and flower. I may have told you this before but I am officially "Fuchsia Sunshine Snapdragon".
You need to come up with one for the fondue days that you wear this dress!
Blessings,
Terisa