Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Angel MADE me do it!

Ummmmm.............
S0, I bought a whole bolt of iron on vinyl.


It isn't completely ALL my fault. My sister Ang wants to recover a chair with Joel Dewberry...but she wants it Vinyl covered. She wants to use my 2 favorite things in one cool project!! I couldn't resist!! .......and it was less expensive to buy it by the bolt than.......are you convinced yet? My husband isn't....oh well!!!

Here are a couple of things I made for Angie (aka Angel) to go with her new purse.


A makeup bag, and checkbook cover (this is so easy!)

Of course, it is fused with vinyl inside!!

Must.go.iron.more.vinyl.....don't.know.why!!!!



10 comments:

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

How fabulous they both are. I love them. What a great idea. Now the vinyl covered couch? Not so much.

Amylouwho said...

Wow!! What a great idea - I didn't even know you could buy fusible vinyl - I guess I would be afraid it would melt onto my new iron!

I'm going to have to make one of these checkbook covers. Not sure my husband will appreciate a bright floral - but really - I use it more than he does anyway!

Scrappinfor3 said...

Ok, so can you just adopt me as your sister??? Gotta try:) Love it!

Erin K said...

I'm TOTALLY convinced. I'll be working on a list of ideas, because the idea of a bold of iron on vinyl makes me a little giddy.

Lovely projects! Your sister is a lucky woman.

Busty LaRue said...

Okay, I am totally in love with that fabric!

Kathi D said...

You convinced ME.

Amy said...

Oh how fun! Now every time I see a project requiring vinyl I will think of you! Hete is one!...
http://emmersideas.blogspot.com/2008/08/mailman-fun.html
ok not really a big sewing project but still fun!

Hey It's Di said...

Only the Devil makes you do it! Angel just flashes her big blues and you feel compelled.

jellybelly*jellybrain said...

I got so excited by that website ... felt is massively cheaper on that site than anything I can find in the UK. I started filling up my online basket. They don't ship internationally :o( Oh poop! You guys get all the great stuff!!! It's not fair!!! I'm officially p'd off! Are there any other sites like this that DO ship internationally?

Kathi D said...

Did you get the matte or the shiny vinyl?