Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Melly and Me...and me

Meeting Melly and Me was one of the trip high lights for me. Those Aussies!! I love their style, their sence of humor, and thier accent!

We headed for their booth as soon as the market was open. Gracie Lou's can't keep their Blackforest purse pattern in stock, so we needed to grab some before they sold out!

Their booth was SWEET!! Have you ever seen their stitcheries???? They are totally amazing!


The samples that they had made were perfect.....I've never seen such even stitches. *envy*


The pattern below is a block of the month, each one a different fairy tale. It was all pieced together in the cutest Japanese prints. (drools on laptop)

My favorites were the softies. It was crammed full of the cutest, and funniest softies I've ever seen. Of course, I identified with poor Dudley the DoDo bird. I have to make him!!
They told us that they'd taken a picture of the two of them, one night after market, soaking their swollen feet in a cold tub. I hope they put it on their blog!!!
Anyone want to go to Australia with me??



9 comments:

jellybelly*jellybrain said...

This is just too spooky!
The bag I made for you is adapted from a Melly and Me pattern!
I have received an email from them - does that count?
xx

frankenpug said...

That looks like it was a totally awesome good time! I am jealous...I want to go to Quilt Market (read that to yourself in a whiny voice...lol). I think the dodo bird is uber cute...and I love his name! That is my little puggy's name:)

frankenpug said...

That looks like it was a totally awesome good time! I am jealous...I want to go to Quilt Market (read that to yourself in a whiny voice...lol). I think the dodo bird is uber cute...and I love his name! That is my little puggy's name:)

Scrappinfor3 said...

wow!!! I am dumbfounded already. . .just imagine what going to one of these shindigs would do to me! Love it!

Lindsey said...

All these beautiful quilts and fabrics from the Quilt Maket make me want to sew everything in sight! I can't wait to get started on something crafty just as soon as I can afford some amazing new Amy Butler fabric. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Kathi D said...

How fun to meet them! I love their fun patterns, too.

Stacey said...

Totally...I am there! Meet you at the airport!

Lynsey Lou knee deep in poo said...

Oh Gabby would love the fairytale quilt she is really into princess's right now I am glad you had fun (envy) not because you went to see fabric but because you got a vaca from your kids!!!

carrie said...

Oooh, I adore Melly and Me. Take me, take me! I'll go with you.