Friday, July 31, 2009

Make Over Fairy?

The ubber Nerdy (and very full of junk) dresser in the laundry room
is Begging me
to be turned into this sweet number.
It would be a great addition to my studio don't ya think?

My groovy lamps could become some Swanky New Lamps, like this one,
with just a little help.
Next....
When we built our house we filled it FULL of lovely faux-brass door knobs.
The knobs feel that they are a little bit overdressed for such a casual abode.

I would love to give this litte idea a try before I go an purchase replacements.
My Husband will like this.

I really don't want to spend my shoe money his hard earned money on door knobs.


And...
My ever so pitiful front door wants to look like this one found here.
A coat of paint.....
Some Vinyl numbers.....


Where is the Home Make-over Fairy when you need her?


What home project are you working on?


8 comments:

Jessica G. said...

I really like the door! I might have to look into doing that, too.

Faith said...

Our project is buying a house so that we could do such things as paint it. ;-) Fun projects!

Carrie said...

I love the door I am doing that for sure!

Barb said...

I love the dresser, especially the color and even more with the lamp on top of it. Gave me an idea for a lamp for my husband. Those things hanging off look like guitar picks. He'd love that!

Angela said...

I love home projects... I am actually itching to do something to our backyard... hubby and I were just talking about a new plan. I just wish we could afford to do it all now ;) oh, well.. guess we'll have to live with doing little bits at a time. Anyway... love the new ideas you have for your home... can't wait to see them done in your space.

Kathi D said...

Those completed projects all make me drool! But since I have trouble completing brushing my teeth . . .

Lynsey Lou said...

I am building a house and so I am going from carpet to light fixtures and stressing out about it

Pinktulip said...

Lots of work, but very satisfying to do make-overs! I still have the two cane chairs and little side table I bought months ago on my list...never seems to have time, or feel like doing it. Maybe when it warms up outside..Good luck with your make-overs! That dresser look fab!