Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pitter-Pat

Melissa Averinos (the famous fabric designer, pattern book writer, and lover of unicorns) has recently been twittering about...even twitterpated by...the movie Jane Eyre. 
More specifically the BBC 2006 production. 
She tweeted it so much that I had to watch it to see what was so great about it.  
It is FANTASTIC!

I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  Haven't read the book.
I am hooked now, and have even joined her Bronte-along.
You have to see it if you haven't yet.  It makes my heart go pitter-pat.
See the movie...Read the book...Bronte with us!
ps.  I'm working on a special clothing project inspired by Jane.  I'll show you when I've made some progress!
 

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh great one more thing to add to my must do list.

Amy said...

NOPE! I must must must read Jane Austen first! I have had her collection of novels for a while now and haven't read them yet--- must put that on the to do list....oh wait! It is on the to do list..."#147- read a book"

melissa@yummygoods said...

Ha! So glad you took me up on my little project! And let your friend Amy who posted above that there will be an Austen-Along coming in June. SHe could warm up with Bronte!

Nikki said...

That is my favorite movie!!! You must check out all the BBC Masterpiece Classic movies, they are by far the best movies EVER!!!!

trisha too said...

Well heck yes, I read the book, and I think we saw that version, too--it was a good one! Will have to check out that Bronte-along, and will DEFINITELY be in on the Austen-along!!

Jane is one of my favorites . . .

Vickie E said...

thanks for the comment on my blog about my tutorial!! can't wait to visit with you at market!