Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Amy Butler


You know how you pick a favorite designer, or line of fabrics, and you become a little bit obssessed. I love Amy Butler. I love her fabric, her bags, her clothing, quilts....everything!!



Sophia Bag Amy Butler Pattern, and fabric



It all started 5 or 6 years ago. My Mom fell in love with Kaffe Fassett....you know what I mean! We were inspecting his fabric site, and ran across Amy Butler. It was love at first sight! It has taken me several years to start purchasing her stuff though!


I heard about the Amy Butler Sew Inspiring contest last month. ( You have to go see the photos on Flickr!) I decided, today, to enter the "Jenny Bag" for fun. The contest closes on the 28th of Feb. So hurry if you want to join in. The rules, and prizes, are posted here.



Jenny bag made with Amy Butler Fabrics


I have had so much response to the Jenny Bag tutorial! Thanks everyone! It was my first time posting one of my patterns on the net. I am working on a tutorial for the bag I made of Moda charm squares. It is the Perfect size for a market tote!




NOT AMY BUTLER FABRIC.....Maybe next time!


I just found this!! This causes a whole new world of spending for me....eeeeeeeakkk!!

9 comments:

Lynsey Lou said...

Hey when's the baby due? What baby? Uhhhh The pandas.... at the zoo I hear going to have a baby. This has nothing to do with Amy Butler but I wanted to put it on any way. I guess I am having a Brain Reager moment. (or whole life)

Very Mary said...

I think you should send that bag to me immediately or I will never speak to you again. (Gosh, was that out loud?) BWAHAHAHA!

Purple and Paisley said...

oooh, i hope your bag wins the contest! and i love anything and everything i can make with charm squares...they are the greatest! beautiful stuff...when you are sending out mary's, please send me one as well!

Unknown said...

honesly, i've never seen bags so colourful, how delightful :)

Neil said...

You have funny, funny friends. We all know how great that bag will look with my black outfit.....hope you win!! You are the winner to me!! Vickla

Heleen said...

Great colorfull bags!

Anonymous said...

Good luck in the contest...I love that bag!

I love Amy Butler, too, but I've been a little obsessive over Joel Dewberry , Jennifer Paganelli, and anything that has cute little Japanese fairy tales on it. I guess I'm just addicted to fabric in general :)

Nanette Merrill said...

I love the bag. Love. It love the shape and design. It really is showcased with Amy's fabric. Delightful. Good job.

Sarah said...

I'd love to know how to make that patchwork tote :)

Great purses.

Sarah
www.homeschoolblogger.com/OhioSarah