Sunday, September 20, 2009

You don't have to read this, but I had to write it.


She died over 9 years ago, but I still remember her incredible laugh.




She was like this really cool older sister,
or that one person that you wanted to be friends with but you didn't feel "worthy" of.


She was funny!
She wore Birkenstocks, striped socks, and giant hoop earrings.



She made the worlds best chocolate brownies,
and would bring them to us hot
....with a quart of cold milk.


She was always helping, always thinking, always serving, always happy.



I didn't know her before she had cancer.
I knew from the start that she was going to be gone one day.



I dreamed about Lu Ann the other night. She wanted to talk about her children. I told her about her Grandchildren. It was almost like she was here.



She completed the work on this book while she was a doctoral student in history at the U of U. She submitted a draft of the book to be published before she died in 2000. Her Husband then made the revisions necessary for its publication.



Several weeks ago he gave us a copy of the book
which I read this weekend.

I miss her.

6 comments:

Annieofbluegables said...

I keep forgetting you are in Utah. That is such a sweet tribute to your friend.
~a

Our Hands For Hope said...

You could have been writing about my friend Susie. She's been gone for 2 years 5 months and I too miss her.
I hate cancer!

Kristi said...

Well said! Sorry for your loss & I hope that someday you get to see her again- I'm sure she'll meet you with hot chocolate brownies :)

Lizard said...

I love you.

trisha too said...

those kind of dreams are amazing.

i still have them about my brother and my grandma.

*sigh*

what blessed memories!

Kathi D said...

You are so blessed to have had such a friend.

I think of those dreams as little "visits" from our loved ones.